24 March, 2010

Those Things Left Behind


At Christmas time in a park by where I work, the put up little Christmas Trees decorated by children at our local schools. They sit there all season leaving ornaments on the ground; glitter, popsicle stick, Christmas Tree photo phrames. Then the snow falls and covers it all up and make everything look fresh and new. Now it's March, and the snow has melted. The trees are gone but the broken ornaments still make their appearance on the park grounds. Usually I am so glad when Christmas is over. All the hustle and bustle is over and I can finally relax. But when I look out at that park, with all the sad, soaked, broken ornaments littering the ground. It makes you feel sad. Like Christmas was so quickly forgotten. Things that once massaged they eyes with their innocence and beauty, now wrecked and torn. It almost makes me want to cry. Despite all the stress involved I just want Christmas to know that I still love the wondrous holiday. And this spring I am looking forward to seeing it again come winter time.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet and beautiful. I love the warmth and flowers of summer and spring, and fall is simply delicious to look at and taste, but winter was a tough one for me for a while. I started appreciating it more when I first discovered the joys of sledding(0: And then again when we taught Eden about it. It's just a resting time, like when we go to bed at night, but for the whole world. A time for it to heal and refresh and replenish itseld, but even though it's sleeping, Christmas, Christ, makes it alive again. Thanks for reminding me(0: I'll need it today as I look outside to the two feet plus feet of snow that's been coming down since last night! I great reminder to one with serious spring fever(0: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome. I want to thank you for being you. You really are one of those most upbeat wonderful people I've ever known. And there are so many times that you lift my spirits. I'm glad I could pay you back, in however small a way.

    ReplyDelete